Thursday, September 25, 2008

Photo Phone Buttons- What Photos Would You Use?

Photo Phone Buttons- What Photos Would You Use?





Most of us who have cared for an elderly loved one can relate to the frustrations presented by modern communication. For me it was the telephone issue. My beloved Gammy could not see well enough to dial her phone yet loved making calls. No matter how big we wrote the phone numbers and taped them to the wall, she would always end up calling some unsuspecting soul who quickly tired of her persistent questions about why Sarah was not at her desk. So when I stumbled upon this classic phone with photo buttons, my heart soared. If only Gammy were here to enjoy the one touch photo dialing. It seems you just cut up and insert a photo of the person and pre-program the dial out on the button. This would be great for kids too who might enjoy being able to call Poppop all by themselves but have not yet mastered the dialing. The possibilities are endless, comment with your photo ideas. If only it had photo caller id too...
I must admit I find the idea of a corded phone a bit restrictive albeit charming in an old skool way. Well I guess we wouldn’t want Tommy or Grandma wandering off with the handset now would we? (this blog created by kirdevries http://www.kirdevries.com/)